• BE372 0950 MANCHESTER


  • BE371 0700 MANCHESTER

  • BE301 0710 GUERNSEY / JERSEY

  • BE3501 1015 PARIS CDG

Offers & Promotions

Latest News

Worldwide from Exeter via Manchester

Travel Documents

Document Advice | Passports & Visas | Photographic Identification

Document Advice

  • On routes outside the UK - Passports will be required for adults, children and infants.
  • Republic of Ireland passengers must have a form of ID which proves their nationality/citizenship.
  • On UK domestic routes - Photographic Identification will be required for all adults.
  • Booking confirmation will be required for inspection at check-in or the security search area. 
  • Boarding Cards will be required for inspection at the security search area and before boarding.
  • European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles UK travellers to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment that becomes necessary while in a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland. (EHIC replaced the E111 from 1 Jan 2006) 
  • Travel insurance is recommended for all journeys and insurance documents should be carried at all times.

Back to top

Passports & Visas

Passengers on routes outside the UK must a hold a full ten-year passport, in good condition and valid for a minimum period (usually at least six months) beyond the date of re-entry to the country.  For visa requirements, contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you are planning to visit. The UK Passport Service has tips and full details of immigration requirements.

UK Border Agency officers will scan passports of all passengers who have been outside the UK and cross-check details. Only those people who have the right to enter the United Kingdom are allowed to do so.

Back to top

Photographic Identification

For the Republic of Ireland all passengers must have a form of ID which proves their nationality/citizenship for immigration purposes.

For a Domestic UK flight the following are examples of Photo ID that may be accepted by the airline:

  • A valid passport 
  • An expired passport (up to two years)
  • Valid photographic driving licence (or provisional)
  • Valid photographic EU or Swiss national ID
  • Valid armed forces or police ID
  • Photographic disabled badge
  • University/college ID or National Union of Students photo card 
  • Council issued bus pass (senior citizens only)
    Passengers are advised to check the airline's requirements e.g. Flybe