Offers & Promotions
- Flybe Flights Reduction
Only three Exeter routes affected (Newcastle operates until 28 March)
- Airport Launch for Safety Campaign
An awareness of the dangers of drink-driving and fatigue before beginning onward home journeys...
- Exeter Airport - Summer Growth
Passenger numbers have exceeded expectations
- Rigby Group Acquires Exeter Airport
Owner believes in the importance of regional airports
- Updates and Twitter Tweets
Stay in touch with email Newsletters and Twitter
Check-in & Departure
- Check the airport's Travel Document Advice
- Check the airport's Security and Baggage Advice
- Check the airport's Disability Advice if appropriate
- Check the airport's Baby & Child Advice if appropriate
- Check the airport's Travel Information
- email check-in - Printable boarding pass
- mobile phone check-in - SMS message and QR code
- web check-in - Printable boarding pass
- self service check-in - Boarding pass printed at airport kiosk
- airport desk check-in - Assisted by agent at desk
Check-in (other airlines)Departing passengers are requested to attend the check-in desks, or self service kiosk (then check-in desk for hold baggage check-in) in the Main Terminal Building (Departures), at the time stipulated by the airline, on the booking confirmation and no later than the check-in closure time, usually:
- Chartered Holiday Flights - (open 3 hours ahead of flight time)
Check-in closed 60 mins ahead of flight time
- International Scheduled - (open 2 hours ahead of flight time)
Check-in closed 45 mins ahead of flight time
- Domestic Scheduled - (open 2 hours ahead of flight time)
Check-in closed 30 mins ahead of flight time
ALLOW TIME FOR PARKING AND QUEUES FOR SECURITY AT PEAK TIMES
The Terminal is CLOSED following the last aircraft movement of the day. Passengers may therefore wish to use the on-site hotel: Hampton by Hilton.
The Terminal is OPEN to allow for the check-in of passengers for the first flight of the day at the times stipulated by the airline or holiday company (above).
- Official airport car parks are recommended and booking in advance for discount rates.
- Exeter Airport has just one terminal with check-in, the security search area, the departure lounge and boarding gates in close proximity to each other.
- Departing passengers should attend the appropriate check-in desk (or use the self-service check-in) in the main terminal building, with the appropriate travel documents, before the minimum check-in time stipulated by the airline or holiday company.
- Passengers should be aware that smoking is not permitted anywhere within the airport buildings.
- The boarding card issued at check-in will be required at the security search area and at the boarding gate.
- The land-side facilities include a café, shop and the currency exchange and after security search the air-side facilities include the departure lounge, café, bar, restaurant and shops.
- Passengers should follow the Departures signs to the security search area in good time for the flight and allow time for possible delays during busy processing periods.
- Passengers will be advised on the flight information screens and on the PA system when to attend the appropriate boarding gate area.
- Mobile phones should not be used when boarding the aircraft.
- Passengers will be asked to use the supervised green walkways when boarding the aircraft or the air-side bus where the aircraft stand is remote from the terminal.
- Passengers are advised that appropriate clothing is recommended for the transfer from the terminal to the aircraft during inclement weather as this airport does not operate air bridges.